Wales Millennium Centre
Opened in 2004 by Queen Elizabeth II, The Wales Millennium Centre (WMC) is one of the UK’s leading arts centres. To support its theatres, halls, studios and performance spaces, the WMC has a number of hospitality outlets that range from cafés, and bars through to the prestigious 'FFresh' restaurant that serves the finest of Welsh cuisine.
What were the challenges?
- Needed centralised management to improve cost control
- It did not have a proper stock control system,
- Had no interval ordering for it theatres
- Had no link to its box office solution.
The Solution – pointOne EPoS a company with ‘energy, ambition and passion’
“We selected pointOne because they offered the solution we needed, were local, and demonstrated an energy, ambition and passion about our business that was not present in the other vendors we spoke with.”
The Results - pointOne delivered the following:
- A controlled centralised operation that has produced a 3% increase in Gross Profit
- Real time multi-department Stock Control solution
- Interval Ordering Solution
- Fast EPoS to deal with peak time traffic
- Integration with Great Plains / MS Dynamics for streamlined sales and stock reporting into the WMC central accounting package
- Integration with Tessitura the WMC box office ticketing system – allowing integration for loyalty and promotions, online restaurant reservations and deposit handling
- Handhelds with built-in interval ordering feature to enable the WMC team to upsell and increase revenues